Had removal of cyst from ovary. When can I have sex?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: After having surgery to remove a cyst on my ovary about 6cm big that had been mointered for a year,how long should I wait to be stimulated sexualy?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Approx one month Detailed Answer: Hi, The literature does not put any limitation for sexual intercourse or stimulation post surgery. However as surgeons recommend one month to six weeks to resume the sexual intercourse after laparoscopy. If there is laparoscopic procedure they would put 'sound' probe via cervix into the womb, this might stretch the cervix and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal completely. So any surplus friction or injury via intercourse may bleed or hinder the healing. If it was an open surgery there is no restriction you can resume after 15 days or whenever you feel like. Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli