Had protective sex. Having STD symptoms. Did STD test and all was normal. Suggestion?
RPR Reactive ABNORMAL
RPR, Quant. 1:4 HIGH
Treponema pallidum Antibodies NEGATIVE
Does this mean it's negative or positive for syphilis? Should I test again and if so when? My last sexual encounter was 4 weeks ago. If it's negative, why the REACTIVE result in RPR?
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query.
STDs can occur over the area uncovered by the condom due to contact with lesions elsewhere. Foe example, over the base of penis, scrotum, lip inner aspect of thigh in rare instance.
As there is no such symptoms for you, you need not bother about STDs. Test with Treponema Pallidum antigen is more specific test for syphilis. It will be always positive in the presence or even with the past and treated syphilitic infection. RPR has more prognostic value by which physician will decide the response to treatment or disease progression.
It may be positive in some other conditions other than syphilis.
So you need not worry about any STD at present and follow your physician's advice.
Dr S. Murugan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...