Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Had protected sex, taken plan B. Had periods. Still chance of getting pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
hi doctor
i had protected sex with my gf and he pulled out and I bought her a the plan b pill witch she took the next day, she allso had her period a week after we had u think there may be any possibilityes of her getting pregnant still??
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. From your description, chances of pregnancy are less because of four reasons:

1)     You had protected sex.
2)     You had adopted withdrawl method of contraception
3)     Your girlfriend had taken the post coital pills within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.
4) Your girlfriend had periods after one week after the intercourse.

Chances of pregnancy are less in your girlfriend’s case.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor