Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Had pin in arch of foot, moved to ankle, muscle discomfort in knee. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10445 Questions
My name is XXXXXXX Weber. I have had pain in my arch of the right foot and it has moved into the ankle area. I have muscle disconfort at time in the Knee, XXXXXXX hip areas from walking with this condition. I have purchased othotics, high arch sneakers, etc. to help treat this condition begining sometime in Febrary when beginning Golf lessons.

Thanking you in advance..
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to flat foot.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the arch of the foot can be due to plantar fasciitis or flat foot. This can cause a pain in the ankle and leg also.
Treatment is basically correcting the mechanical axis due to deformities by using insoles, lifestyle modifications - weight loss/avoiding prolonged standing, physiotherapy - hot water massage/ Interferential therapy / Ultrasound etc.,

Insoles (soft cushioned heels with medial arch support) have to be used for both indoor & outdoor activities. Weight loss is of prime importance. Hot water massage before going to bed & soon after getting from bed will reduce pain. You can also take mild pain killers for relief.
It is best to consult an orthopedician for proper treatment and prescriptions after a direct examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor