Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had partial colectomy and chronic diarrhea with thin sized feces. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I had a partial colectomy in 2004. I've had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I'm also passing very thin sized feces. Can you help?
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Partial bowels obstruction.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Peritonitis and surgery with intestinal junction are the factors of partial bowels obstruction which most likely is the reason of your symptoms.
Intestines junction can get narrow after some time. Perforation causes an inflammation in abdominal cavity what leads to adhesions creation. Adhesions are like a strips which can make intestine narrow.
Diarrhea, thin stools, bloated abdomen, constipation, nausea are common partial bowels obstruction symptoms.

You should definitely visit your doctor and have colonoscopy done at first. If nothing will be found, abdominal CT with oral contrast (enteroclysis) should be next.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor