Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Had painful, heavy periods with clots, migraine and dizziness with blurred vision. Have Dysplasia and fibroids removed

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1660 Questions
I am 34 female and have had increasingly worse periods, painful, heavy with clots, migraine headaches and make me feel dizzy and affect my vision occasionally making everything hazy. I have been getting period like pains throughout the whole month which I usually just associated with ovulation but now I have a had pain for two weeks since approx ovulation. The pain worsens when aroused/stimulated. I have dysplasia and fibroid removed from my ovary/tube 4 years ago, had biopsy for cin2 last year but was cleared after the second biopsy. I am not on any contraception.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello, I would be happy to help you!

Detailed Answer:
You definitely have a lot going on, so it will help you greatly to simplify things. I will break it down by system:

1. GYN - history of CIN2 / HPV, heavy periods, fibroids, pelvic pain
2. GI - IBS, reflux disease
3. Neuro - Migraine headaches, peripheral numbness / tingling, visual changes
4. Psych - depression / anxiety, chronic fatigue, "exhaustion".
5. Heme - family history of vWf disease

That is about enough. It is really important to break things down by system and look for common threads. Sometimes, also, you have to work with things that are concrete (such as heavy periods and fibroids) and once these are dealt with, see if other things fall into place (chronic fatigue and exhaustion). An approach to someone like you might be:

1. Focus on the GYN part of your history - heavy periods and cycle related pain. You need an ultrasound and a CBC to see if you are anemic. If you are not done with kids, then you need to be on medications to suppress your cycle, or the Mirena IUD. If you are done having kids, how about a hysterectomy.
2. You need to have regular visits with a Psychologist - if your anxiety is not well controlled, then anything you experience is magnified.
3. You need a consult with a Neurologist - this is for atypical migraines - you might benefit from medications that are used to treat these, such as beta-blockers
4. With the GI symptoms, make sure you have been tested for Celiac disease
5. Finally, get tested for von Willebrand's disease.

I hope that this helps!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor