Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Had oral sex. Now pain in throat and ear, irritation in the urethra and anal area. Any advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
I am 35yrs old male, have irritation in the urethra and anal area for the past 1 week, also painful throat and right ear for the past 2 days. As a history, I had oral sex with a gf 1 month ago. Please advice.
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

I have gone through your complaints. Firstly, I feel your present symptoms are not related to your remote history of intimacy with your GF.
Secondly, the two set of complaints too do not seem to be related.

Our ear is connected to throat by a tube known as eustachian tube. The infection in throat can cause inflammation and swelling of this tube. This swelling causes blockade of tube which eventually exerts pressure on ear leading to ear pain.

The same can be treated by taking oral antibiotic like azithromycin, analgesic like Brufen and doing warm saline gargles as many times as possible.

Now as far as urethral and anal complaints are concerned I would like to know
- if the same is associated with any itching or burning sensation
- if any redness or lesions or ulceration is present
- if you have noticed any urethral discharge
- if burning micturition is present
- if whitish slough with redness fissuring is present over glans

Please answer these queries and we may continue the discussion accordingly.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor