Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Had oral sex. Noticed itching on chest and forming pimples. What test should be done?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
Recently I had visited Abroad and Experienced a bar Prostitute after drunken stage,But I didnt do any sex But I just licked the Vagina directly in the outer surface . After 2days ,I got itching in the chest and formed some pimpleS.(27yrs old ,80KG)
1.What are the tests to be carried out to know those ST infection.
2.Test centres in Andheri(Mumbai) and Surat (Gujrat)to conduct
3.Cost of those tests
4.Chances to get AIDS in those activities
5.Chances to get AIDS ,If am havin very minor mouth ulcer
6.Symptoms to Detect
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX,
Firstly, if your history is correct, you licked only the outer surface of the vagina..correct?
There was no contact with the mucous membrane on the insides?
Did you have the minor mouth ulcer at that point or now?
The chances of infection with HIV are <0.03% very low given your praticular history
The rash on your chest appears UNRELATED
2 days history of itchy rash with pimples is probably sweat related or seborrheic dermatitis unrelated to the issue; Do use a cream containing a combination of betamethasone & miconazole applied twice/day for 3-5 days. It should resolve. If not, best see a dermatologist in your vicinity.
Testing in my opinion is NOT required for you right now.
Paramount General hospital, Andheri Kurla road, sakinaka junction seems a good bet for a testing lab as it is linked to the Ranbaxy lab group.
Cheers & hope the info supplied helps you make an informed deciscion. It is just the stressors that are bothering you & preying on your mind. We all make mistakes & we learn from them. Next time around, do practice safe sex. Relax & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist & Venereologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had oral sex. Noticed itching on chest and forming pimples. What test should be done? 35 minutes later
Thank you for the valuable information!
How ever
1. Am having Minor mouth ulcer as well as somes rashes under the lips right now.
2.I didnt lick deeply inside but had an vulgar lick on outside.
3.Is ST diseases spread through such activities?
4.Shall I have to undergo any Testing under these circumstances?

Kindly provide the information for the previous queries. . .

* What are the tests to be carried out to know those ST infection.
* Test centres in Surat (Gujrat)to conduct
* Cost of those tests
* Symptoms to Detect in early stage
* Is it safer to do such activities like sucking vagina ?


Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 13 minutes later
For your mouth ulcers: please see any dermatologist or oral pathologist or ENT person nearest you.
Again I say: If YOu dint lick inside, then you are fine.
ST may be spread through such an activity but the chances are much less as i have already stated.
Nakoda diagnostics centre Surat.312, XXXXXXX Complex, Civil Cross, Ring Road, Ring Road, Surat - 0000 is an address i have dug up for surat.
Costs of tests vary from place to place & am sorry due to this website restrictions, cannot disclose figures. But these are 'standard' laboratories.
In addition to HIV (mRna PCR test), please go ahead & do a VDRL test & a Herpes IgG/IGM test for herpes1 & 2. This should suffice.
It is relatively safe to do such activities but as a medical professional i would be wrong advocating the same without using adequate precaution & definitely not with prostitutes as there is more chance of infection. Having said that, best to stick to one partner in life.
Cheers & Good Luck. Have answered all your queries one by one..regds
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had oral sex. Noticed itching on chest and forming pimples. What test should be done? 26 hours later
Thank you for the valuable information

how ever, let me ask

1.Symptoms of ST disease in early stage
2.On the above basis, Is it necessary to undergo any treatment ?
3.How long it will take to show off those symptoms?
4.Is it Life threatening disease or Curable one?
5.I could not get the point that, if anyone Licks over the vagina,what is the probablity of getting those infection without doing Sex? How safe is this?

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
1. There are no specific symptoms of ST disease. To my mind, the commonest would have to be any ulceration seen on mucous membranes & or a discharge
2. No need for treatment in your case except for symptoms eg mouth ulcer
3. no specific time frame but safe to say repeat STS tests after 6 mths eg Elisa for HIV test
4. Neither in your particular case. Only if HIV + & one develops AIDS, then life threatening; else most STD's curable
5. Safe: safer than penetrative sex; 0.03-0.1 % chance of aqwuiring say HIV & that too if fluids mixed with blood or blood products.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
P.S. In your case Nav, just stress...relax; close this query & rate us..will help you get closure & do see a clinical psychologist near you to help you tide over the guilt aspect. You will be fine. Good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor