Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriages. Laparoscopy report suggests disordered endometrial proliferation. Is it possible to conceive with this problem?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5956 Questions
Hi I have a 7 year old daughter. 2 years ago I had a missed miscarriage then I couldn't get pregnant and the doctor had put me on clomid which the first try I concurred but I lost that one too. 3 months ago I did laparoscopy with d and c which the results came out DISORDERED ENDOMETRIAL PROLIFERATION and the doctor told me to start Gonal f injections. I would like to know is it possible to concieve with disordered endometrial
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
Thanks for your query.
Firstly you need to get yourself totally investigated for the previous two miscarriages, before trying to conceive again.
Repeated miscarriages could have a genetic component as a reason.
Karyotype of your husband and yourself should be done , and ideally the products of conception of previous pregnancies should have been evaluated for chromosomal abnormalities.
Intra uterine infections should be ruled out.
Abnormalities in size and shape of the uterus and cervix should be investigated.
Autoimmune causes and hormonal imbalance due to conditions like polycystic ovarian disease or thyroid disorders should be ruled out.
Once this evaluation is done, you should proceed for fertility treatment, while taking regular folic acid supplements.
On laparoscopy, it should be confirmed that both Fallopian tubes are open or not.
Your husbands semen analysis should be normal.
Disordered endometrial proliferation points at a hormonal imbalance.
It could be due to polycystic ovarian syndrome or progesterone deficiency.
You should be investigated for the same.
Patients with disordered endometrial proliferation often respond to ovulation inducing agents like clomiphene, which regulates ovulation and hence resultant hormonal balance.
Gonal F injections further improve your prospects of conceiving by inducing multiple follicles to develop.
At 35 your ovarian reserve should be tested by tests such as AMH, FSH and Antral follicular count on ultrasound. This assesses the capacity of your ovaries to produce good follicles, which declines in your thirties.
With proper treatment by an Infertility specialist, and appropriate progesterone support in the phase after ovulation, there is no reason why you shouldn't conceive.
Stay hopeful, and follow the advice of a good specialist.
You can attach your reports of laparoscopy and previous treatments for a detailed evaluation by me.

Take care and all the best.
feel free to ask any further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor