Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriage and has subserosal fibriod. Blood test showed typhoid. Prescribed xamic and leix. Suggestion?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
my wife had a miscarriage a month back. she has a subserosal fibriod about 10mmx12mm as well. Then after the blood tests tiphoid was detected. A doctor prescrobed --
Xamic MF
Letix 200 mg
Ofloxacin F

But the doctor has continued with these medicies for last one month ?
Are these procedures ok ?
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us.

According to information, subserous fibroid (outside the uterine cavity) is very small & usually does not hamper implantation or cause subsequent miscarriage. It is wise to undergo other relevant investigations after consultation with gynecologist before planning of next pregnancy.

Second thing, above prescribed medications are quite appropriate and regarded as first line treatment protocol. In general, typhoid treatment is given for 14 days in uncomplicated cases with above regimen. Though, it may extend up to 4 weeks or more in complicated or resistant case. In such case, combination of azithromycin and ceftriaxone is the choice of treatment for most of the patients.

Please consult with your healthcare provider or physician regarding this and proceed follow up visit with blood test, Widal test or stool culture etc for complete recovery.

In the interim, do the following things:

1) Take healthy easy digestible diet with vitamin B12 supplements.
2) Drink plenty of boiled or purified water/ fruit juice. Keep bowel habit regular.
3) Avoid spicy/ fast/ bitter smell food stuffs. Eat more green vegetables.
4) Take cold sponge or paracetamol tab in case of raised temperature (> 99 F).
5) Take adequate bed rest and maintain genital hygiene properly.

Hope, it helps for your information. Let me know for more clarification.

Wish her good XXXXXXX and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor