Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Had medical abortion. Now experiencing pulling muscle sensation in bladder region. Worrisome

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I had a medical abortion in December.. for the past three months I have had light dull pain like a throbbing on and off in my uterus.. and what seems to feel like a pulling muscle sensation in my bladder region... should I be worried? I have not had any signs of infection..
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
In medical abortion the chances of infection is less compared with surgical abortion.
As the uterus involutes after abortion, you can feel some amount of pain like feeling for one to two months.
As the pain is not severe and as there are no signs of infection or retained products no need to worry.
Check for Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had medical abortion. Now experiencing pulling muscle sensation in bladder region. Worrisome 13 minutes later
The pains are not entirely dibilitating but have become very annoying and sometimes hard to relax; they seem to almost ''flare'' up.. I have had throbbing dull aches consistently the past four days. My menstrual cycle was instantly on time but has been "different'' I find myself not getting the usual signs of pms (tendernous in breasts, or normal cramping). I have not had any sgns of a urinary infection.. but I suppose I could probably make an apt to have it checked out first hand... I am just a little concerned as I am only 20 and these problems really haven't subsided and its been 3 months..
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later
As you are suffering from three months, better to consult gynecologist once.
Get examined, go for urine microscopy and ultrasound.
By this the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor