Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Had lower back pain and ultra sound showed stone inside kidney. What medicine should be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
My wife aged 52 years had a lower back pain and under gone ultra sound showing a 5.8 mm stone inside her left kidney. what medicine should be taken . Please advise.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 47 minutes later
welcome to the forum.
This is a small stone and hence does not require crushing or operation.
She needs to take plenty of oral fluids like water and fruit juices. She needs to take restricted quantities of meat, fish and salt. She needs to check every six months with the Urologist.
Hope this helps,
wish her good health. Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor