Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Had lower back injury. Feeling sciatica pain. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
I had an x XXXXXXX a month ago during my lower back injury and the doctor informed me that one of the space between disc of my lower back has started decreasing, which started pinching one of my nerve. He advised me to take rest for 2 weeks and asked me to use Myolgin capsules everyday for 10 days. Also, he gave me a pain reliever cream namely VOltaren and i have been using it regularly. Sir, right now when i sit i feel the sciatica pain but when i jog or walk, I feel much better. The sciatica pain starts when i am laying down or sitting. Sir, is there any medicines/supplements that i can take to help me? Also, since i am a student i cannot completely rest as i have to go to classes. Sir,i have a back brace/belt, can i use it while i am sitting as i have seen it helps me a lot.
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 hours later
Thanks for the query.

The medication your doctor have prescribed are right. i will suggest you to use an additional diclofenic sodium tablets twice daily and use myolgin along with vitamin B12 supplements for about a month. The belt is very much effective as it keeps the vertebral spine in position. don't sit for prolonged times and try to sleep on hard straight surface like ground or hardboard. lower back physiotherapy is also very much effective.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor