Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Had leg injury few years ago. Facing walking difficulty with chronic pain. X-ray done. Prognosis?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
8 Years ago, I had a large wooden easel fall on my leg. For several weeks I had chronic pain and tenderness on the skin of my XXXXXXX area. I had gone to a campus health center and they sent me for an x-ray. The person told me I would get the results at the health clinic which instead I was annoyed and just continued to walk on it despite the constant pain. Now whenever I walk at a faster speed or try to exercise I have an intense burning from the location and it continues to hurt. I also have an uneven pelvis with the same side as the leg being .5 inches shorter, which causes my knee to hyper extend. I my foot also rolls inward since the incident 8 years ago. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The pain in the leg you had 8 years ago could probably be due to an ignored hair line fracture of the bones.

Such minor fractures may sometimes not unite or unite improperly leading to chronic pains which can linger on for years and cause permanent changes in the limb. The limp caused by the pain could have lead to the other skeletal deformities which you have noticed recently.

I suggest you to visit an Orthpedician who may order for a Bone Computed Tomography scan (CT) which can identify any such mal-unions in the leg bones and help to manage.

Also, you may have to consult a Physiotherapist who shall advice you exercises to overcome the skeletal deformity.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor