Had laparoscopic surgery. Follicle scan detected a polyp. Is this hyperplacia?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hello Doctor, Recently in August last week I had undergone Lapro hystroscopy surgery .The reason is that the doctors wanted to test my endometriosis and they have predicted a polyp.After the surgery they say there is no polyp.

Later after my period of last month, during the follicle scan last month they have again detected a polyp , however i have reminded them about the surgery.They say it can be a hyperplacia.
Can you plesae let me know what this hyperplacia is and will that prevent from conceiving. The doctors have now planned for a IUI this month.
I got my period again this month and on second day they have given me the following tablets.
Wysolone 10mg, Dheapreg 25mg, Folicob plus,Wheat germ oil tablet.

Kindly let me if this is fine to use the above tablets .

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Estrogen predominance

Detailed Answer:
Endometrial hyperplasia occurs due to estrogen predominance.
And that can lead to development of polyps.
Small polyps can come out with menstrual flow and new polyps can occur in the next cycle.
As you are having endometriosis, there is possibility of estrogen predominance.
Presence of single polyp may not prevent the pregnancy. And also endometrial hyperplasia is treatable.
Wysolone contains prednisolone. Usually this is not prescribed in infertility cases, unless there are specific indications like Antiphospholipid antibodies syndrome etc.
So you once ask your doctor about this.
DHEA helps in fertility, especially in women with decreased ovarian reserve.
Folicob plus contains folic acid which is essential for neurological development of the baby.
Wheat germ oil helps in boosting up of immunity.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.