Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Had knee and shoulder replacement and suffering from severe pain, depression and Fibromyalgia. Could I ask a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
would like to find pain doctor. my husband has chronic severe, constant pain, depression and chronic severe pain . Fybromyalgia. Would love to find pain doctor for him. We are new in the area. Please advise. Thanks

I want to find a doctor who would treat this conditions. My husband is 85 years old. He has fibromyalgia and all symptoms of it. Severe chronic fatigue , very severe constant pain and debilitating depression and luckily we found a very helpful psychiatrist but we are new in the area (Camarillo) and could not find a pain doctor who would help him. also we did not find a doctor who would
treat fybromaialgia .He also had his knee and right shoulder replacement has titanium support in his spine and neck, which all off it is making his life a hell.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rheumatologist is of good help now

Detailed Answer:

I suggest that you should find a Pain specialist for allaying the pain and then a Rheumatologist for management of the active disease, Fibromyalgia. Choose a pain specialist who has quick appointment. This helps your husband to be pain free till you find a good Rheumatologist. Once the Rheumatologist is finalized you can ask him to transfer all the patient records to his office from your previous doctor's office.

Since you are an elderly couple and Fibromyalgia requires frequent follow up with drug monitoring, I suggest you to pick one within 10 miles.

The following are my recommendations based on the reviews.
For pain medicine specialist:
1) Dr. XXXXXXX D. Wolfsohn, MD
Pain Medicine
1100 Paseo Camarillo, Camarillo, CA 0000
For appnt: (805) 356-3571

2) Dr. XXXXXXX Wood, MD
Pain Medicine
360 Mobil Ave Suite 200, Camarillo, CA 0000

For Rheumatology you have the following options.
1) Dr. XXXXXXX Gonzalez, MD
Geriatric Medicine, Rheumatology
3291 Loma Vista Rd, Ventura, CA 0000
For appnt at Ventura Medical Centre: (805) 652-6000

2) Dr. Diane C. Narhi, MD
Rheumatology, Geriatric Medicine
2925 Sycamore Dr Suite 304, Simi Valley, CA 0000
For appnt call: (805) 295-8873

3) Dr. Shao-Lee Lin, MD
2366 Watertown Ct, Thousand Oaks, CA 0000

Hope this information is of some value to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor