Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Had itching on penis and so pushed hard. Not had erection since long time. Help?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9625 Questions
As a younger man I would have unexplained erections. They were like a big itch so i would push very hard on my penis. I would hear popping/cracking sounds. I think that I damaged my penis. It has been about three years since I have had an erection.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem in getting good hard erection since last 3 years.

You were indulged in vigorous masturbation and had doubt of your penis being injured whlile masturbating.

I shall be happy you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have Diabetes and Hypertension?
2) Do you have any urinary symptoms ?
3) Are you taking any medications.?
4) Have you noticed any bruising or swelling of the penis when you suspected your penis to be injured during masturbation?
The problem of erectile dysfunction you have has to be evaluated thoroughly .Please consult qualified urologist for clinical assessment and following investigations.
1) Blood tests to rule out Diabetes.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen
3) Blood tests to estimate serum testosterone levels.
4) Colour Doppler study of the penis with ultrasound scanning of the penis to rule out any damage to the penis and status of vasculature of penis
The further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests.

In the meanwhile you can try taking sildenafil (Viagra) and see whether it helps you in getting erection.Please get prescription of this drug from your family Physician.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor