Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Had intercourse just after finishing period. Missing period with abdominal pain and white discharge. Pregnanct?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
i have a question about my period.My last period was on dec 28 th.And i had sex on January 30th.My menstral cycle is usually 30 days.But my periods hasn't started yet till feb 10th.I am worried if i am pregnent. Do i have chance to get pregnant.Is there any medicines to get the periods?I have some abdominal pain after the sex and now i am seeing some discharges that are white and curdy and i am feeling ithichy.When we had sex ,he used the pull out method
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
From what you describe, you have chances of becoming pregnant and this can only be excluded through a pregnancy test. The withdrawal method is the most ineffective contraceptive method. It is only less than 30% effective. Before ejaculation or orgasm, some sperm are already released into the female genitals with a 70% chance of getting pregnant.
Pain during sexual intercourse and vaginal discharge are usually indicative of a urogenital infection. Carrying out tests to detect the particular germ, a vaginal swab, culture and drug sensitivity tests could be important. For the moment, it is advisable to avoid unprotected sex and consult your physician for a proper reevaluation and management. Your partner might need to be consulted and treated also, depending on the case and results.
I therefore suggest you XXXXXXX your physician for a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy, tests to rule out urogenital infections. While waiting, use for instance condoms during sexual intercourse, and remember that the withdrawal method is very ineffective. Other contraceptive methods do exist. Discussing with your physician might help him you in choosing one that is appropriate for you.
Thanks as I hope this helps. Feel free in asking any further questions if need be.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor