Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Had intercourse. Noticed brownish discharge, painful while urinating. What could be the problem?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
l am a female and l am 19year old, recently l had sex with a female and since then l have been
noticing a yellowish or brownish discharge, it itchy and pepperish and when l want to
urinate, l feel pain.
please what could the problem be?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

the possible cause of your symptoms are,

vaginal infection which might have occurred during intercourse,
-bacterial vaginosis: which can occur due to overgrowth of normal bacteria in the vagina,
that can present with brownish discharge, itching and fishy odor,

-gonorrheal infection: that can present with yellowish discharge, itching, urethritis causing pain during urination, increased frequency of urination etc,

-chlamydial infection: usually this will present with whitish discharge but sometimes can also present with yellow discharge, itching, urethritis etc.

so you once consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination to note the characteristics of the discharge and swab can be taken from the discharge for culture and sensitivity, depending on the result treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor