Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Had intercourse. Having cracked skin and swelling at corner of labia. What treatment to be done?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
The skin at the corner of my labiya is cracked and burning. 4 days back i had sex with my husband. It was without sufficient lubrication. Since then the labiya was swollen and cracked.Pls suggest treatment
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

sometimes during intercourse these types of cracks can occur on labia, minor abrasions will heal by themselves, but as you are having symptoms like swelling there is possibility of infection leading to inflammatory reaction.

so better you once consult gynecologist and get examined to rule out the possibility of infection,
with her advice you can try,
-you can use antibacterial ointment like- metrozyl-p or soframycin etc for local application,
-analgesics and anti-inflammatory tablets like lyser-d or serronac etc,
-if you have severe local pain you can try ointment like shield for local application,
-next time during intercourse you can use xylocaine jelly like lubricants which will help in lubrication and also decrease pain.

with these measures your lesion will heal soon.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor