Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Had injury in genital area. Noticed swelling in penis and testicle. Is this serious?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 364 Questions
Hi, I had an injury in my genital area a few years back. I had swelling of the penis and the testicles. Now, when I have an erection, I don't always have feeling in the tip of my penis. I sometimes have pain in that area as well. Could you tell me if this sounds serious or if it is just something that I am going to have to live with? Thank you.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I think that this is not a serious problem.

Due to injury of the penis, inflammation occurs.

The nerve plexus which supply the penis might be injured at that time. Probably the nerve was partially injured. So, only the tip of the penis is affected.

As a result altered sensation develops. Sometimes poor sensation & sometimes painful sensation.

It is better for you to consult with a doctor & get examined.

I hope I have been some help of your query.

Please write if you have any doubt.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor