Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Had hysterectomy, bladder repair. Developed cold, pressure in bladder. Can I get prolapse of bladder again?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9335 Questions
I have a hysterectomy 5 wks ago and bladder repair all went very well until I developed a cold during past few days which has caused pressure in my bladder from coughing can I get prolapse of bladder again from same am really worried.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 55 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
I dont know which exactly bladder repair procedure was done,but whatever it is, it should be enough to keep your badder in place during coughing. 5 weeks is enough for almost full tissue recovery. Also, hysterectomy is positive for all this because after uterus removal your intraabdominal pressure is lower then normally and there is less bladder compressing during coughing,sneezing or exercise. SO you shouldnt be concerned at all.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor