Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Had hysterectomy. Having pain and discomfort in pelvic area. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
I had a hysterectomy 30 yrs. ago when I was 40 yrs. old. I never was pain free but now have a lot of pain/discomfort from my rib cage to my pelvic area and down both sides of my torso. It moves from one place to another in that area. I have read that myofascial release therapy is the tx of choice. I don't seem to have any intestinal issues. I just hurt somewhere in my torso most of the time and am walking slower every year. What is your opinion?
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 57 minutes later
Thanks for writing in .
Taking into consideration your age I would suggest that you get a ultrasound of the complete abdomen including the pelvis done. The purpose is to be on the safer side to rule out any intraabdominal problem.
Having rule that out the only possible cause for these symptoms could be degenerative changes in the spine. To ascertain that the investigations would be a radiological evaluation supported by bone density and vitamin D /calcium levels in the blood.
If any abnormality is picked up it can be corrected by supplemental treatment.
If no abnormality is detected then a neuro-orthopaedic examination is necessary to look for any neurological deficits. If required at a particular site a MRI may also be done.
If this component is also ruled out then food supplements predominantly neurotropic vitamins and regular exercising under the guidance of a physiotherapist is all that is required.
I hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor