Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Had hit on scrotum and penis. Getting irritation, hot, red and painful. Any cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
I have like ths intense attacks of my scrotum and pennies ( private parts) hot, red irritation and painful. I use an ice bag to over the area to minimizes the pain.
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 11 hours later
There is a possibility that you might be having an acute attack of epididymo-orchitis which basically is an inflammation of your testes and surrounding structures, usually caused by a bacterial infection, often noted with local redness, pain and tenderness. When you do have these attacks, it would be useful to get an ultrasound examination of testes at the least. You might also need a urine examination and if required a urine culture and sensitivity test because most infections of testes come from urinary tract.
Scrotal support is beneficial - make sure the testes do not hang loosely -it will worsen discomfort. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs will be of help in cases of bacterial infection.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had hit on scrotum and penis. Getting irritation, hot, red and painful. Any cure? 10 hours later
I went to see a XXXXXXX medicine doctor, and he prescribe ciprofloxacin XXXXXXX 500mf.
I being using it for the last three days but I don't think it's working. By the way this health problem I have being dealing w/ it for over 5 years had different pain levels. It's worst went a seat.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 4 hours later
Yes, It looks like your XXXXXXX medicine physician also suspected the same, and usually Ciprofloxacin is reasonably effective, and therefore if you have persistent discomfort, you should get a scan of your scrotum.
Basically if the scan is normal, you can be reassured that there is no major issue, and sometimes you might need neuro-analgesics like amitryptilline or pregabalin. Local warmth or alternatively cold packs do help, and in anxious patients, we have advised sitz baths - sitting half submerged in a tub of tepid to lukewarm water and being relaxed. Also you can try relaxation exercises like Tai Chi or Yoga.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor