Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Had hit on back of head. Tender to touch. Should I be worried about anyerism or hemorrhaging?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 37 Questions
Hi I'm really worried. I hit the back of my head on concrete 4 days ago exactly and it's still tender when I touch it, but I'm also dizzier than usual. Should I be worried about anyerism or hemmoraging at this point?
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Did you fell unconscious after the injury, had Ear/nasal bleed, repeated vomiting?
If not just stay relax for now. localized tenderness could be due to collection below scalp.
Post head injury dizziness is common. This is due to violent shaking of brain and nerve roots of ear canal during the impact. you can take prochlorperazine 5 mg for next 2-3 days in consultation with GP.
If it is severe with spinning around, vomiting, worsening of headache then only visit ER and get yourself evaluated and if indicated they will do CT head scan.
For now just relax for a day or two.

Best wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had hit on back of head. Tender to touch. Should I be worried about anyerism or hemorrhaging? 12 hours later
No, I was not unconscious nor had ear or nose bleed/ vomiting.
Thank you, hopefully it will go away soon
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 36 hours later
Sorry for delay in responding. I was busy due to some critical cases.
Don't worry. You will get well soon. If this vertigo/spinning persist, consult your local physician he will give you short course of medications.

Best Wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor