Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Had head injury when I was child. Have dent in middle of skull. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
when I was a child I aquired a head injury. there is dent in the middle of my skull where a babies soft spot would be. Today I am 44 and it has become very tender. should I be concern. I was never seen by a doctor about this injury.
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It will be nice of you if you will elaborate your childhood injury, what had happened exactly.
I assume that the previous head injury was not that serious and since then you did not had any symptoms related to that. I think the present tenderness is not related to the head injury.
As you have mentioned it is tender, hairline fracture should be rule out and such
pain can also be seen in folliculitis of the scalp.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had head injury when I was child. Have dent in middle of skull. Should I be concerned? 9 hours later
I was jumping on a bed and through myself backwards, I hit the corner of the window pane. There was bleeding, my oldest sister at the time, 16, applied a damp cool cloth. My dad was there, but all he did was get mad and walk away. there is a dent there about the size of a quarter maybe slightly bigger. How do I know if I had any symptom I was seven at the time and Had never seen a doctor. And my dad never checked to see if I was ok. My mother was no longer with us, as my parent were divorced.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Good to hear from you.

In that i advice you to visit the physician for examination also to exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile i advice you not to touch or to press the area with hand.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor