Had giardia infection. Cannot eat bread, pasta. Get terrible diarrhea, crippling pain after indigestion. Will it fade over time?
Thanks for posting your query.
Bacterial intestinal infections often cause a temporary lactose or gluten sensitivity. This usually happens due to alteration in the gut flora after a course of antibiotics. Such sensitivity in most of the cases is self limiting and recovers on its own in 8-10 weeks once the gut flora comes back to normal. The aggravation of your IBS symptoms might also be related.
To improve your symptoms, you can take probiotic sachets daily for a week. Adding yogurt to your daily routine will also be helpful.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of crippling pain
- Had hsg terrible diarrhea having intercourse terrible bowel pains reason
- Symptoms of crippling pain
- Crippling pain causes
- Treatment and cure for crippling pain
- Diarrhea after eating pasta
- What is the cause of crippling pain before bowel movements
- Giardia infection, hashimoto disease
- Pain and diarrhea after eating
- Drugs/medication for crippling pain
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...