Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had gallbladder surgery. Experiencing pain and a feeling of bloating in right side. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10288 Questions
almost 40 years ago I had gallbladder surgery, I was told at that time that because of keloid skin I would more than like have to have surgery at some point in my life to have it removed. recently I have been experiencing pain and a feeling of bloating in my right side sometimes into my back. This is becoming very uncomfortable should I contact my doctor or a surgeon?
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 16 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain and bloating on the right side that you are having is not likely to be due to keloid formation. This seems to be intraperitoneal in nature. The following are the possibilities
1) Acute Gastrointestinal infection
2) Peptic ulcer disease
3) Renal stones
4) Intra abdominal pathology like fatty liver

You should see your doctor if the symptoms do not reduce for proper investigations like ultrasound scan and some blood tests. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day. For pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy to digest oil free food.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor