Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Had full hysterectomy, have not had any HRT. Getting chest tightness and pain in heart. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1115 Questions
I had a full hysterectomy in 2005 and have not had any Hrt at all I'm 38 yrs old, I have been getting tightness in my chest and pains in the heart area should I be concerned
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cardiovascular Risk Factors

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

A chest pain caused by cardiac pathology,usually is a pain in the central chest, oppressive, radiating to neck or arm and with added symptoms as facial pallor or sweating.
Moreover, the probability that a chest pain is caused by cardiac pathology is dependent on the age, sex and cardiovascular risk factors.

A chest pain in a male of 60 years diabetic, obese and smoker is much more
worrying that a chest pain in a woman of 30 years with no risk factors.

Do you have any cardiovascular risk factor?.
Cardiovascular risk factors most common are diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, smoking, obesity and sedentary lifestyle.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor