Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Had fever. Salmonella typhi O titre beyond range, typhoid. Oflomac and paracetamol good treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
Dear doctor, I am suffering from fever since 31st Dec 2011. When I went to doctor, he gave me paracetamol & antibiotic for 3 days, After 3 days, in the blood test, it came out Salmonella Typhi O Titre and H Titre are beyond range. Then doctor told me that this is Typhoid and gave me Oflomac 200 mg and paracetamol for 5 days. Is the treatment is fine? Please let me know
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Radhika 16 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

You have provided me with good information.

You are suffering form Typhoid fever and you have been treated with Oflomac and Paracetamol.

OFLOMAC belongs to a group of antibiotics called the Quinolones. Quinolones are used in the treatment of Typhoid.

Other Antibiotics, such as ampicillin, chloramphenicol, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, amoxicillin and ciprofloxacin (Quinolones), have been commonly used to treat typhoid fever in developed countries.

So, he has given you the right medicine. Take the medicine as suggested and drink sufficient fluids and take rest. Do not eat any oily food and avoid smoking and alcohol if you take.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor