Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Had fall and having blackened eye. No loss of consciousness, blurred vision and nausea. Complaining of hearing loss. Solution?

Aug 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1025 Questions
My nephew who has no insurance or money at this point Got feet pulled out from under him on Monday, landed on his r temple and blacked his r eye, eye is solid red on the right side of sclera, no loss of consciousness, no blurred vision, no nausea, no headache or ear pain, no dilated pupils. But Wednesday he started complaining if r ear hearing loss. Trying to figure out id I need to get him medical help, could it be just a hematoma that will dissolve ?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Health care magic,

I am Dr Sriram Nathan an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem

At the offset let me assure you that since your nephew does not have loss of consciousness and since he does not have vomiting it may not be anything serious. Howeve you need to understand a few things as far as his hearing is concerned

1. If his hearing loss is not very severe and just a block occasionally then you may wait for a week or so for it to spontaneously improve which I am sure it will improve

2. If however his hearing is getting worse, or if there is ear bleed, or if there is loss of consciousness then you must take a CT scan of the head and temporal bones and get back to me or any ENT with the reports

3. If his vision is also getting disturbed and the bleed increases then you must consult an ophthalmologist.

4. You must also get an audiometric testing done and get back to me with the report

again, do not worry and he will become better soon

If you have any more doubts then you may get back to me


Dr Sriram Nathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor