Had endoscopy and took valium for anxiety. Found pregnancy. Are there any side effects?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: I just found out today that I am pregnant. I think I may be 6 weeks. My periods are not regular so I was not concerned and last week I had an endoscopy without realising I was pregnant. Could this cause any issues? I have also had lovan and zoton during this time. On a couple of occassions I had inderal and 5mg of valium for anxiety. These all concern me now that I realise I am pregnant.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 hours later
The endoscopic procedure and the medicines you have taken do not have any noticeable effect in the growing baby since you have taken these only occasionally. Any harm to the baby is not likely.
If the ultrasound scan shows a normal viable pregnancy then I don't think there is much to be worried about. You will need to discuss about the further dosage schedule of these medicines with your gynecologist in view of pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.