Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Had dry cough, feel tight almost like its swollen. Taken Dayquil but no help. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9398 Questions
I've had a dry cough for about 12days now, I don't believe its allergies and I don't have a sore throat or any pain in my throat, it just feel s somewhat tight, almost like its swollen, but when i tilt my head back or turn side to side it seems to irritate my throat and i beging to cough. Ive taken dayquil for coughs and that doesn't seem to help. will this go away on its own or should I go visit my dr? I've attaced a photo I took with my cell phone.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please do visit your doctor ma'am; reason listed

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I have seen the attached image, and your anatomy does seem to be significantly normal. There is no noted abnormality in your mouth or throat except for the region of your pharynx which shows slight spot-like inflammation, which is usually seen in case of an allergic/hypersensitivity reaction. Other than this, nothing much is really noted.

As you have reported to be suffering from this presentation for quite sometime, which is why you doubt this could be an allergic reaction; it is also possible that you could be constantly exposed to the allergen (substance causing the allergy), isn't it? In such a scenario, I would encourage you to go visit your doctor ma'am. Your doctor would be able to help in finding the allergen (if this is indeed an allergic reaction) or inspect your throat clearly to find the exact cause for such a presentation.

I hope this information helps you ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor