Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Had diarrhea for year and after sex have contracted same. Underlying cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
my girlfriend has had diarrhea for over a year and after sex now i have had it for 3 months i got it after she had a orgasem with me
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 20 minutes later
Hi E.wilder,
Thanks for writing in.
Chronic diarrhea need proper investigation. It may prove to be an infection or any other inflammatory bowel disease.
I think you both should see a Gastroenterologist. The doctor will take your detailed history & will suggest you tests like Stool detailed report & Stool culture. Doctor may also suggest blood tests to rule out Typhoid. Once a proper diagnosis is in hand a treatment can be offered to you to solve this problem.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor