Had diarrhea. Rashes appeared on scrotum. Tested positive for type 1 hsv. What should I do?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Question: I have a rash on the folds of my skin around the scrotum for the last 3weeks. Last week I had a bout of diarahea and developed redness and burning which radiated to my groin scrotum and penis. I tried using tin actin, lotramin, and powders. It seemed to help but is not going away. I am freaking because I had unprotected oral sex a few times about two weeks prior to this. Currently I developed a pimple right on the top of my ass crack it hurts like hell and looks to have pus. i had a Std test (blood and urine) in the beginning of November results were positive for type 1 hsv and the rest was negative. Do I need another std test? I plan to see my doctor in the next few days. It doesn't look like any hsv 2 pictures I been looking at but it is freaking me out
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I went through your detailed history.
I will try to answer to the point.
1. The rashes fit in more with fungal infection (yeast) and should clear with ANTI-FUNGAL CREME OR OINTMENT( MICONOZOLE for example).
2. The pimple looks like a boil/furuncle and needs antibiotics/ if not responding may need drainage.
Neither of them fits with STI/STD, but anyway HIV test is needed.
The pimple may require you to go to the A&E asap.
Best regards
DR GS