Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Had diarrhea. Rashes appeared on scrotum. Tested positive for type 1 hsv. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I have a rash on the folds of my skin around the scrotum for the last 3weeks. Last week I had a bout of diarahea and developed redness and burning which radiated to my groin scrotum and penis. I tried using tin actin, lotramin, and powders. It seemed to help but is not going away. I am freaking because I had unprotected oral sex a few times about two weeks prior to this. Currently I developed a pimple right on the top of my ass crack it hurts like hell and looks to have pus. i had a Std test (blood and urine) in the beginning of November results were positive for type 1 hsv and the rest was negative. Do I need another std test? I plan to see my doctor in the next few days. It doesn't look like any hsv 2 pictures I been looking at but it is freaking me out
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I went through your detailed history.
I will try to answer to the point.
1. The rashes fit in more with fungal infection (yeast) and should clear with ANTI-FUNGAL CREME OR OINTMENT( MICONOZOLE for example).
2. The pimple looks like a boil/furuncle and needs antibiotics/ if not responding may need drainage.
Neither of them fits with STI/STD, but anyway HIV test is needed.
The pimple may require you to go to the A&E asap.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor