Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Had dental procedure scaling and planing, not given antibiotics but only mouth rinse. Can I donate blood?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6171 Questions
I just had a dental procedure[scaling and planing] I was NOT given oral antibiotics, just a antibiotic mouth rinse to spit out after 30 seconds. my question is can I still donate blood??
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

From the information you have provided, there is no contraindication to donating blood. However if it is not and urgent request, i will like to suggest that you consider doing that after 7days. If you must do it right now, then go ahead. It is still safe.

I am glad wit your commitment to donating blood. It for sure saves lives and is a very good contribution to healthcare. Thank you for doing this.

I hope this answer your query fully. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. feel free to ask me any follow up questions if need be.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor