Had delivery recently and have a blister like rash on pubic region. Is this normal?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am 2 weeks postpartum and have a blister-like rash (a cluster of what looks like 20 small deflated blisters) on the left side of my pubic region and a small patch of hives (?) on my left inner thigh... Is this normal? Should I go in to see my ob
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query, There is a condition called as pemphigoid gestationis. It appears just after delivery or in the third trimester and subsides on its own. For now you apply calasoft lotion. This will help in reducing the blister and a faster healing. Going to a dermatologist will be much better than going to obs. I would also like to see the lesions. It will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Please upload a photograph. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response. The first image is of the rash on the inner thigh and the second is of some of the blisters in the pubic area.
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the photographs. I can see the blisters are grouped. It is appearing like shingles. Do you have pain or burning sensation ?
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 minutes later
I wouldn't say it is particularly painful, unless I touch the area, than there is mild pain/irritation. It feels similar to the sensation of having a grouping of ingrown hairs.
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello. Its good that there is no pain. However i would advice you to meet a dermatologist, He will get you tested to rule out shingles. Please start applying calasoft ( calamine lotion). This will be helpful. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 minutes later
Thank you so much for all of your help! I will try to see a dermatologist tomorrow!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: You are most welcome. don't get worried it's not a severe thing just relax. Thank you