Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Had cyst below testicle. It hurts. Having groin area. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
Dear dr,

I will try n keep my issues as short as possible. I had a cyst below my left testicle 10 years ago, evaluated by the doctor after ultrasound. It did not grow or give any problems. Recently I was straining to move bowels n my left testicle hurts. Pain subsided without treatment n began to self examine. I found another small marble ball this time on top of my left testicle. Terrified , I went to the dr n had an ultrasound. Evaluated another cyst. It could have been there for years unnoticed.

The dr assured that its benign. N that should it grow then aspiration or further medi will be administered. I felt better, left n my state of anxiety remained.

I had a growth, phleomorphic adenoma when I was 12 years old. Ignored it n finally grew to a size of a golf ball. Went for op to remove this when I was 17 years old. Grew healthily for the next 10 years n saw blood in my urine n semen. Dr say can be infection to cancer, gone thru all the checks n appt waiting, conclude infection n given antibiotics , prostatitis recur a few times in the next 2 years. I was busy n had a stress job. Always holding urine, I changed this habit n was well aldy. Thankfully hadn recur for years.

I asked the dr wat caused phleomorphic adenoma? Answer where no reason or no science proof. Y I kept had prostatitis , hard to say. Y I had testicle cyst? Dr say no definite sayings could be inflammation. So y did all this happen?? For no reason?? That makes me feel helpless n worried.

If one suffer stomach pain, it could well be wrong food eaten. If someone develop fever, it could well be a cold due to weather etc. but y the issues I have is all hidden? N no thorough explanation for the cause of it. Not even in the website.

I'm not afraid to die , it's the process n trauma one had to go thru that is traumatizing. If dr say someone had cancer advanced stage, den well wait to die. But if dr says early stage n operation n therapy is the solution to prolonged life, that's the terrible part to go thru. Get wat I mean?

Yes, I went to evaluate on my cyst n dr said to observe n jux leave it alone. But I can't get my mind off that something developed in my male organ , or in my body, n the cause is unknow.

I can't shake of the fact that there is something extra down there?!!
I can't shake off the thoughts that it will grow big n surgery/aspiration etc is needed. Y I do I need to go thru this when majority male XXXXXXX have to.

I'm so afraid to check my balls now fearing there is changes to the cyst.... N I begin to feel on off ache on my groin area. Very mild n randomly.

I'm leaving in this state on something in my mind..

Pls tell me how should I go about changing this situation?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 4 hours later
Thanks for your query. I completely understand and acknowledge your concern with the cyst considering the past history of medical illness. What you require now is a way to get rid of the thoughts you consider as excessive, unwanted at this stage and distressing. There are multiple thought stopping techniques which you can get trained in from a clinical psychologist. Additionally, techniques like CBT/ Cognitive behavioural therapy as well as relaxation techniques including yoga, meditation and breathing relaxation exercises are likely to benefit you. I would also recommend an initial psychiatric assessment to rule out hypochondriasis and other anxiety spectrum disorders. An anti-anxiety agent like SSRI is lkely to benefit you. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had cyst below testicle. It hurts. Having groin area. What should be done? 1 hour later
Dear dr,

I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder 7 years ago. Along with hypochondria. I taken Zantac, lexapro lastly seroxat which I gain weight of 10kg. I say a therapist . Read all about meditation , breathing techniques etc. I tried everyone of it n it's not helping.
I agree that anxiety causes the problems but of there are no problems, there is no anxiety.
I can't stop worrying about my cyst. What can I do?
Everytime after something is gone, a new problem will arise.
I'm at wits end
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 18 minutes later
Going through the information provided, the best bet at this stage would be CBT/Cognitive behavioural therapy, a psychotherapy technique that can be administered by trained clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor