Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Had congestive heart failure, followed by kidney failure. How to improve overall health?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
congestive heart failure, kidney, overall health improvement for a person who hasn't exactly taken care of himself over the years.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your health inquiry, and could say that if you take your medications regularly, your overall will be improved. Please bare in mind that bad lifestyle and diet habits, irregular taking of drugs would worsen your situation. You need to have patience as that will take some time for the improvement to appear (usually after 3 to6 months). So, try to avoid bad habits such as alcohol or smoking as they will aggravate the situation. Go on with the healthy foods as you are mentioning, try to eat slowly, often and small portions. In addition, you can add some light physical activity as walking, however, you should avoid moderate to intense exercise. At last, you should keep in touch with your cardiologist for continuous check ups. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions, I'd be happy to assist you further! Dr.Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor