Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Had chest pain, done TMT, echo doppler and angiogram. Suggested angioplasty. Want second opinion

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
Hello doctor, i have serious issue i need your help.....My father had got a chest pain and we had to take him to my family doctor. The doctor prescribed some test ie. TMT & Echo Doppler in one of the renowned hospital. Over there i had to speak to the receptionist for the test to be done & she guided me. I am working in a multinational company for which i get medical facility as cashless. Now, when i told them that this is cashless they straightaway told to admit him. One of the cardiologist did those test and then they told that we have to do angiogram because it is serious. I agreed watever they said then after the angio reports they said your father has 2 blockages and we have to urgently do angioplasty. So get him ready for it or it may become serious. I didnt know what to do i contacted one of my friends doctor and he said to go for a second opinion and dont do angioplasty. I was still worried because its my fathers life but then i took a decision out of some situation. The cardiologist came back to me & said we will keep him for a day as the doctor who does angioplasty is not available today. I asked him but you said its serious then he changed his statement that it is serious but not at a verge of death. I said please discharge him as i need a second opinion. I was shocked as doctor was not discharging my dad.... he also wrote that I am going against medical advice in discharge summary. After making an issue in the hospital they were ready to discharge. Doctor ... is hospital making money? What is the solution if anybody has to go to hospital in such situation....What do i exactly need to check in the reports that how severe is it to do angioplasty. There are ways that it can be controlled by medicines. Please help me and give me the right knowledge.
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
This is major and basic problems in professional hospitals. They want to make money by creating serious issues because any body may go up to any extent for the save of life of their dear ones.
This is basic problems with DM/ Mch degree candidates because they can earn money by prescribing costly investigations and procedures.
Don't get afraid by LAMA (leave against medical advise), as hospital is not a court and you can make any decision for the sake of life.
By the way, you are leaving hospital against advise for the concerned hospital while you are interested in treatment by another doctor. So take your firm decision and all the best.
Controversial statement by the same doctor denotes their intension.
Angioplasty is generally done when coronary arteries are >70% occluded.
Below this, patient conditions may be treated by medicines only.
All chest pains are not cardiac in origin.
If chest pain was really very serious and cardiac in origin then no body doctor can advise TMT as this will put heart on extra stress and may be life threatening.
You should take another advise by physician/ cardiologist with showing his discharge summary.
Put your views also.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor