Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Had chest pain. Been to treadmill test. Suggested for CT Angio. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1306 Questions
i had chest pain and i went for treadmill test and then i was suggested for CT Angio (coronary)
The report is attached in the next page , please suggest what to do after the angiography
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please see below.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. The report says that they have a suspicion of left main coronary artery disease about which they are not sure. They have also doubts about a stenosis (blockade) at origin of LMCA. Definitely this needs to be clarified at earliest. The next step in such cases is usually conventional angiogram (catheter based). The cardiologist who will perform the conventional angiogram should be well aware of this report and must take a aortic root angiogram first before catheterizing left main artery.
2. I would be able to throw more light on this issue if you can share your TMT report and let me know if you smoke? or if you have diabetes/ high blood pressure or high cholesterol?
Please do write with pertinent details.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had chest pain. Been to treadmill test. Suggested for CT Angio. Suggestions? 33 minutes later
Dear doctor ,thanks for the quick reply , i dont smoke and dont have diabetes ,the blood pressure is within range ,the choleterol and tmt tmt test reprorts are attached for your reference
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. For a male of age 38 years, the ideal exercise capacity is 10.5 METS. Hence you have symptoms during TMT at lower stress levels. Although your TMT report is inconclusive for provocable ischemia but you had low exercise capacity. Your Lipid profile seems to be within normal limits.
2. You must see a cardiologist and get fully evaluated. The evaluation may include conventional angiogram as I detailed in last answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor