Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Had c-section. Having dull pain on the same area after lifting weight. Now?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
Dull pain near old c-section scarI have had 2 c-sections, last one about 4 years ago. Recently went on a trip to Disney, where I was repeatedly picking up my 43-lb 4 year old, for longer intervals than I usually do! When we got back, I noticed a dull pain around my c-section scar, plus intercourse has been painful. I am wondering if I pulled something on my recent trip? Now the pain is travelling around to my lower back.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 46 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
1. Incisional hernia needs to be checked for as a cause of pain in the scar area. Physical examination is a must.
2. Pain during sex may be due to lubrication issue. Use KY jelly or coconut oil as lubricant to see if that work.
3. Low back pain seems muscular to me, following lifting your child. Muscle relaxant tablets, gels and warm application should work.
Hope this helps. Kindly write back for doubts if any.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor