Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Had broken back. It has rods, bolts and screws. Have severe pain radiating from back. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
I am a 60 year old female. I broke my back in 2005, it has rodes and bolts , screws tec. So it has been 7 years. I do have a pain pump for my back that seems to be working . But the pain is unbarable. Dr. XXXXXXX Pulley has taken away my pain pills so that isn't of any help. I have a study of my back a die study. Dr. then pushed on my si joint it was so bad I cried. So then he wrote me a persciption for therapy. Said no to any pain meds. I hurt and that just isn't helpful for me, pain has controlled me for 7 years, I need help! So Dr. Pulley said to get ahold of my primary care Doctor to order a MRI. Called my primary care Doctor he said ok, but I have hardware can't have a MRI. Then Dr. Pulley said to do a CT. My primary care Dr. said NO have your back Doctor call our hospital and give them the order. I am so mad getting the run around I can't handle it any more quality of life just isn' there Please help if you can.
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please upload recent xrays

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
You had a fracture spine which was fixed. Where is the back pain? Along the incision? If possible please upload your xrays.
Also you can get a mri with implant in situ. Any leg problems?
Please upload your investigations to know more about your spine problem? Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor