Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Had blood test. What are the findings in the report?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
sir i have under went a blood test on 31.10.13 after seeing that i have doubt on these following serum cholestrol-213,serum triglycerides-168,serum SGPT-96,Serum SGOT-63,Serm TSH-6.1 so please say you comments on these i am indian my age is 33,weight-99kgs,height-5feet 8 inchs
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Weight reduction of prime importance Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I see that you are over weight and that is the reason why your cholesterol values are also high. For these values lifestyle modification should be tried first before starting on medications. These are my interpretations and suggestion 1. Cholesterol 1. To bring down the cholesterol you should avoid oily food, food XXXXXXX in calories like sweets, bakery items, etc. You food should be XXXXXXX in green leafy vegetables and fruits 2. Avoid alcohol 2. Exercise every single day for minimum of 30 min. Jogging, swimming, cycling are best options for you, it will also help you lose weight 3. Repeat cholesterol after 3 months, if it still remain high a low dose atorvastatin must be started 2. Thyroid What you are suffering from is called 'subclinical hypothyroidism', since you are over weight I suggest you get a free t4 and free t3 levels done. Depending those values you might have to be put on hypothyroid treatment 3. Raised SGPT and SGOT at such levels are usually not of concern, it could be because of fat deposition over the liver called Fatty liver which is causing a slight raise in it. Losing weight should settle it, however please get a HbsAg, anti HCV and ultra sound of the liver done to rule out hepatitis I hope I was of help, if you have further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor