Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Had blood along with sperms. CT/USG of abdomen came normal. Advised to apply Proctosedyl ointment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Two months back i had blood along with my sperms ( Hemoapermia ). Doscutor advice CT/USG abdomen which was normal. Later adive TRUS which was also normal. With CIfran 1 gm antibotics it subsided but i started having severe burning sensation in my anal area as well as when i urinate. Doctor advice Proctosedyl ointment for external application in the anal area. When applied the burning sensation comes down. It is more than 10 days i am applying the ointment. The Urologist adviced to XXXXXXX a Gastroentrologist. Please advice.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prostatitis and coilitis-------------

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the forum.
I had a patient look at your reports.
Blood in the semen with burning urine is most probably due to inflammation or infection of the prostate/seminal vesicles.
An extended course of antibiotics for one month is needed BASED on urine culture test ( if not done already).
The urine analysis has shown pus cells and hence urine culture test becomes mandatory.
I cant see any abnormality in the bloods.
Since there is anal burning and the CT has shown evidence of colitis, it is worthwhile proceeding with a opinion from the gastro- enterologist.
Hope this helps.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor