Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Had bleeding due to polyp taking out and burning uterine. Trying to get pregnant. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 341 Questions
Hi last yer I had bleeding because the polyp.dr take the polyp out and burned my I want to get pragnet again so .what can I do. I have 1 boy 14 years old.could u please answer my question?
Sun, 12 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sunil 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Unfortunately, in most cases women who have performed thermal endometrial ablation will not be able to conceive a child.The chances of pregnancy after endometrial ablation are rather rare and XXXXXXX for both mother and child. Thermal ablation of uterine endometrium causes scar inside uterus and pregnancy is at high risk of misscariage,preterm delivery and growth restrictions.
Apart from the risks to the fetus, there are several risks to the mother as well. Any diseases that the pregnant woman may have had before the pregnancy may be exacerbated. There is increased risk of developing preeclampsia as well as gestational diabetes.
However, there are some reported cases in which mother have conceived successfully without any risk, but number is very very small.
All these risks would have been discussed as a part of counselling prior to the ablation. If you want to know more about it, you may like to visit your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further question, I will be happy to help.
Take a good care.

Dr Sunil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor