Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Had bleeding but not during periods. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hi I am a married guy. My question is my wife's menstrual cycle has stopped since last 7 days. But actual period time every month 1st week(before 5th day of a month). So how can I know whether it's delay in menstrual cycle or confirmation of pregnancy?
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query

The best way to find out if the delay is due to pregnancy is by taking a pregnancy test. There are several home pregnancy tests available in the market-Pregcolor or Velocit. You can take the test at home easily. Use a early morning urine sample. The test will indicate whether there is pregnancy or not. If the test is negative then the delay could be due to hormonal imbalance. Further testing will be required.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had bleeding but not during periods. What could it be? 5 hours later
I there any medicine to get menses in the case of current position? I heard that mesovit plus can do that. Shall I use it for my wife, if the pregnancy test is positive???

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
get an usg

Detailed Answer:
If the test is positive then you first need to get an ultrasound to confirm. After that if the pregnancy is within 8 weeks, the you will need to see a doctor for medication. Don't take any unsupervised medication.

Let me know if you need clarification.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor