Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Had bladder sling surgery. Have lower back pain, abdomen pain and hip pain Related to sling?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9621 Questions
I had a bladder sling put in last year. Now I have bad right lower back pain, right lower quadrant abdomen pain and right hip pain Could this be related to my sling?
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone sling surgery for Stress Incontinence Of Urine last year and now gettnig pain in lower back on left side and Rt hip joint.

This is most unlikely related to sling surgery and could be due to some other cause which needs to be investigated by following tests.
1) Routine Urine test
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out presence of Urinary stones or any pathology in uterus or Ovaries.
3) X XXXXXXX of the Lumbo Sacral Spine and X-ray of Hip Joint. to rule out any orthopaedic cause for pain.

Please consult qualified Gynaecologist for clinical evaluation and get above investigations done under her/his guidance .

Further course of action will be decided by her/him depending upon the results of these tests

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had bladder sling surgery. Have lower back pain, abdomen pain and hip pain Related to sling? 1 hour later
My uterus was removed when I had my surgery but I still have my ovaries Should I still follow up with a gyn too?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Thanks for follow up.
Your low back pain and pain in lower quadrant of abdomen can be due to adhesions formed in pelvic cavity which is known common complication of pelvic surgery.
Please consult qualified General /Laproscopic surgeon for clinical evaluation.
You may need to undergo laproscopic examination to find out the cause of pain and may need to get adhesionolysis (Excision of adhesions) done .
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor