Had bilateral knee replacement. Refuses blood transfusion. Should wait?
Thanks for writing to us.
Your mother haemoglobin level is quite low. She needs blood transfusion to regain the level. It is also necessary for healing of tissues after such surgery.
I would not suggest to wait for signs of distress to appear. She should go for blood transfusion without any anxiety as advised by her doctor.
Hope this helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Wishing her speedy recovery...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pathophysiology of knee replacement
- Knee replacement burning sensation
- Bilateral knee-replacement icd 9
- Hypothyroidism and knee replacement surgery
- Knee replacement fluttering in knee
- Knee replacement and numb foot
- Bilateral knee-replacement timeline
- Bilateral knee replacement recovery
- Bronchitis and knee replacement
- Had bilateral knee replacement refuses blood transfusion should wait