Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Had bad gut attack due to food allergies. Allergic to wine and milk products. White coated tongue, sore eyes. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1544 Questions
Hello just looking for an answer to a pretty bad gut attack, due to food allergies. It is Sunday here, and I need to know what to do to ease the attack. I am allergic to wine and bread and milk products, I am usually on a strict diet but went nuts yesterday at a restaurant, and the result was the usually allergic reactions wtih inflamed gut, white coated tongue, sore eyes, and achey feelings. Stool is diarrea.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

For allergies to foods, the mainstay of treatment is to avoid the trigger foods and to use anti-allergics like Benadryl syrup etc.

For the diarrhea, recommendations are to manage on the same lines as for diarrhea due to other causes. Thus my recommendation is as follows:
- Drink Oral Rehydration solutions like pedialyte or gatorade after each bout of stools or as needed (guided by the thirst)
- Drink pure water (filtered by the technique of reverse osmosis -available as bottled water)
- Take soft or liquid diet till the inflamed gut subsides. Avoid raw and dry foods like meat, raw vegetables, etc. Take hygienic and properly cooked food.
- Avoid tablet form of medicines as these may get stuck.

I think this should help until you see your doctor.

Take care

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor